This creamy roasted red pepper sauce has a little cayenne kick to it, and the flavor of pan-sizzled garlic and chopped basil makes it’s way through to your taste buds just the way an Italian pasta sauce should.
Fettuccine with Cannellini Beans and Roasted Red Peppers
Prep time: 10 min | Cook and serve time: 15 min | Ready in: 25 min
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, sliced into thin strips
1 large Roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 cup sliced spinach
4 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/3 cup cannellini beans
2 tablespoons cashew cream)
1/4 cupnutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese)
Pepper to taste
- Slice roasted red peppers and dice tomato.
- Chop basil and slice spinach.
Cook and serve:
- Prepare pasta according to package’s directions.
- Slice garlic.
- Pour olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cayenne pepper to skillet; cook until garlic starts to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans, roasted red peppers, and diced tomatoes to skillet. Cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add plain Greek yogurt (or vegan cashew cream), basil, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Place pasta on serving dish and pour roasted red pepper mixture on top.
- Garnish with nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese).