Trust me. I actually whimpered a little when I took my first bite. You should make this very, very soon.
Fried Egg Fiesta Sandwich
Single Serving | Vegetarian
Prep time: 30 min | Cook and serve time: 10 min
2 pieces of bread
1/2 an avocado
2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
A few slices of red onion
1/8 teaspoon grated jalapeno
1 small red bell pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
A few sprigs of cilantro
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Slice red bell pepper in half and remove seeds and stem. Slice each half into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Put pepper slices and olive oil In a small resealable bag, season with salt and pepper to taste, and shake everything together until the pepper slices are coated with oil.
4. Pour peppers onto a baking sheet lined with tin foil, and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Place a few slices of red onion on top of cheese and jalapeno.
6. Place one or two layers of roasted peppers on top of red onions. (I only managed to get half of the peppers on my sandwich. Guess I’ll have to make the sandwich again tomorrow. That’s just too bad.)
7. Fry an egg and place it on top of the peppers. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Here’s a video about how to fry an egg if you need tips.)
And, presto-magical—it’s done!
Quick Tip: If you want to cut down on the prep time, buy a jar of roasted red peppers instead of roasting your own.
It’ll be easier to eat if you cut it in half…