I recently started experimenting with prune puree in cookies, and it took me about two seconds to be a HUGE fan. This is the second recipe I’ve made with them, and I can’t get over how deliciously chewy these little things are! There isn’t even a little tiny part of me that misses the dairy or gluten—these cookies aren’t just good considering they’re vegan and gluten free, they are straight-up good.
This recipe is very quick and easy to put together, and I think the cookies taste best refrigerated.
Hope you enjoy them!
Grain-Free Chewy Chocolate Chip-Coconut Cookies
Dessert | Vegan, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 36 minutes
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, mix prunes and 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of hot water until smooth.
- Stir together prune puree and all the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in preheated oven until edges get golden brown, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and allow cookies to sit for a couple of minutes before moving them to cookie racks to cool.