Yep, still on a pumpkin kick over here. This time I’m baking it up in these muffins so we can all have—let’s be honest—cake for breakfast. You are welcome.
You can either make these straight-up—they really are delicious straight out of the oven—or you can top them with a light glaze to give them a slightly more festive look. Your call!
Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Makes: 14 to 16 muffins
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 35 min | Ready in: 45 min
1-1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + more for sprinkling on top
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can pumpkin puree
2 cups sugar (I used unrefined, unbleached sugar)
1 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon, butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tins by either lining them with muffin cups or by coating with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. (I just put it all in a food processor and pulsed it a few times.)
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, and coconut oil, then mix until smooth. Add in eggs.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until completely combined.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. (Test for doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick in a muffin—it should come out clean.) Allow to cool completely.
- To make icing, use a fork to stir together melted butter and powdered sugar. Add non-dairy milk 1 tablespoon at a time until icing is very thin.
- Dip the tops of the muffins in the icing and allow excess to drip off, dip in brown sugar, then sprinkle with a little pumpkin pie spice.
- Allow icing to dry for about 10 minutes, then they’ll be ready to serve!