Again, this and all four spreads are not just great on bagels, but also pancakes, toast, and—because why not?—French toast! So, pick your poison and whip it up for your weekend breakfasting purposes.
Have a great weekend!!
Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cashew Cream Cheese
Prep time: 10 min | Ready in time: 10 hours, 10 min
Yields: About 3 cups
2 cups cashews
1 to 1-1/2 cups non-dairy milk (i.e. almond, hemp, coconut, etc.)
1 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup oats
- Soak cashews in water for 1 to 2 hours, drain.
- Use the bottom of a mug on a cutting board to crush the walnuts into smaller pieces.
- In a blender, process soaked cashews, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and some of the non-dairy milk—start with about 2/3 of a cup, then add as needed. You’ll want to use as little liquid as possible, just enough to get the ingredients to blend well.
- Pour blended cashew cream into a bowl using a rubber spatula to get it all out, then stir in the oats and walnuts.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least two hours until it thickens up. I like this one better refrigerated overnight because it gives the oats a chance to soften up a little. It will keep well for about a week and a half.
NOTE: This recipe makes quite a bit, so you’re welcome to half it. Though, unless you have a very powerful blender, I’ve found it’s a little harder to blend just one cup of cashews at a time. You may be able to pull it off, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about that little issue.
Try one of the three other flavors…